Friday, August 2, 2013

Funny Actin'

I think that sometimes I am funny acting. I don't try to be. But for some folks, I just drop off the face of the Earth--on purpose. I can help it, I choose not to. Now, don't get me wrong. I am a great person, in my opinion. I go to church. I feed the hungry. I clothe the naked. Outside of my potty mouth, I am a gem of a friend, until one starts to get too needy. I guess that makes me a funny acting, fair weather friend. I just don't like absorbing other people's problems. I don 't loan money as a rule. I will give you all the advice you need, but once I see that you keep running into the same problem over and over and over again, I get off the ride at the next exit. Heck, I pull the car over and walk the rest of the way. Why? because if I take on someone else's issues then by proxy so does my husband and kids. So I back the hell off. When I figure that I've given you enough time to put on your big girl panties and handle your scandal, then I come back. I had a habit of taking on too much and then completely taking over a person's problem. Folks didn't learn and they never appreciated me. It caused stress in my marriage and me, with the temper the size of an ant's nipple, I would nut up on folks for reasons that had to do with other people. No bueno. Since I have stopped doing this, I have also been able to delete contacts from my cell phone. My stress has been my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment